March 24, 2016
Rajan, Neel, and John re-gather to discuss a hodgepodge of NBA topics, including:
- whether Markieff Morris "saved" the season for the Wizards (4:35)
- the prospect of a Cavaliers vs. Wizards playoff series (8:00)
- the race for the 7th and 8th seeds in the East (19:51)
- the future of Demarcus "Boogey" Cousins (27:34)
- new potential head coaches for the Wizards (37:15)
- a closer look at the Western Conference (1:00:25)
- the power of agents over pro athletes (1:07:35)
November 19, 2015
DMVTrifecta Staff Members Rajan Nanavati and Dash Kannan talk to Seerat Sohi of Rolling Stone Magazine about the Golden State Warriors potentially winning more than 72 games, Kevin Durant coming to DC and his "killer instinct" (or lack thereof?), Anthony Bennett being a national disappointment for Canada, and the hilarity of growing up as a second-generation Indian.
October 26, 2015
Rajan, John, and Neel re-assemble for a podcast, to preview the upcoming 2015-2016 NBA season. Each of the three predict who finishes in the top 8 of each conference, and then go round-by-round to predict the playoff outcome(s).
* Can the Washington Wizards finish among the top 4 in the East?
* Does Golden State or San Antonio win the Western Conference?
* Can anyone dethrone the Cavaliers in the East?
* Who are the darkhorse teams to make the playoffs in both conferences?
October 9, 2015
Rajan Nanavati, Editor-in-Chief of the DMVTrifecta, is joined by resident puckhead Ari, to preview the Washington Capitals 2015-2016 season.
Discussion topics include:
- Are the Capitals legitimate contenders to win the Stanley Cup?
- Is Braden Holtby atop the list of Veznia Trophy candidates?
- Should we be worried about the health of Nicklas Backstrom?
- How huge are the additions of TJ Oshie and Justin Williams?
- What are the Capitals potential weaknesses?
- Who are the Capitals' biggest threats in the East?
July 18, 2015
Rajan Nanavati, Editor-in-Chief of the DMVTrifecta, finally rejoins buddies John and Neel after a bit of a hiatus, to recap the frenzied 2015 NBA Free Agency period.
Discussion Topics Include:
- Why did DeAndre Jordan spurn the Mavericks and return to the Clippers?
- What the hell is Vivek Ranadive doing with the Sacramento Kings?
- After signing LaMarcus Aldridge, are the Spurs the favorite to win the title next year?
- Even if LeBron James and Kevin Love resigned, is that really enough for the Cavaliers to win a title?
- Who is emerging as the biggest threat to lure Kevin Durant away from Oklahoma City (and DC)?
- Are Jared Dudley, Alan Anderson, and Gary Neal enough to make DC fans not miss Paul Pierce?
April 17, 2015
DMVTrifecta Staff Members Rajan Nanavati and Dash Kannan sit down for pseudo-"State of the Union" of DC Sports talk, discussing topics such as:
* Why Britt McHenry just strengthened the stereotypes of attractive sideline reporters.
* Will the Wizards pull off another upset in the NBA Playoffs?
* Which NBA MVP candidate might be the most overrated player in the league
* Are this year's Washington Nationals cursed?
* Is Jameis Winston a lock to be a star in the NFL?
* Which top NFL draft prospect has "bust" written all over him?
* Is Robert Griffin III's departure from DC inevitable?
April 17, 2015
The DMVTrifecta's Rajan Nanavati and Dash Kannan are joined by friends of the DMVT John and Neel, to discuss the 2015 NBA Playoffs and provide their own irreverent take on annual end-of-season awards:
* Who wins the Washington Wizards vs. Toronto Raptors series, and why?
* Can anyone in the East stop the Cleveland Cavaliers?
* Are Golden State and San Antonio destined for the Western Conference Finals?
* Who would win the first annual Charles Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence?
* Who is the Intercontinental Heavyweight Champion of the NBA?
* Which player or executive deserves the The Brick Tamland "Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48" Award?
... and much more.
March 13, 2015
A rather melancholy yet hilarious Washington Wizards podcast, thanks to Neel and John, who once again sat down with me to discuss Wizards-related topics such as...
- Has the team quit on Randy Wittman?
- Five great candidates to replace Randy Wittman
- Has this organization ruined Otto Porter Jr.?
- Should the Wizards fire Wittman or Ernie Grunfeld (or both)?
- Could the Wizards actually miss the playoffs this year?
- Early thoughts on the NBA Playoff Races in the East and West
February 13, 2015
Rajan Nanavati, Editor-in-Chief of the DMVTrifecta, is again re-joined by buddies John and Neel to discuss the 2014-2015 NBA season, as we enter All Star weekend.
- Have the Cleveland Cavaliers emerged as the best team in the East?
- Why do two of three of us think San Antonio won't repeat as champs?
- Who are the top three to five coaches in the NBA right now?
- And who really is the best team in the west?
- If he had to make the decision today, would Kevin Durant leave OKC?
- Is Anthony Davis the best player in the NBA today?
- Why this year's 3pt shooting contest has the best lineup of competitors we've seen in years.